John Roberto will be in Sydney 23-28 August for two events about Reimagining Faith Formation for the 21st Century. John is well-known internationally as a speaker, forward-thinker and author in faith formation, intergenerational ministry, and learning in a digital world.
John is the director of Lifelong Faith Associates (Connecticut, USA), author of several books including Reimagining Faith Formation for the 21st Century and is editor of Lifelong Faith Journal. His previous work on a Comprehensive Approach to ministry and mission with children, youth and families has been significant for churches in Australia as well as the USA.
These events are open to people from all Christian churches and schools and will be or particular interest to clergy, children and youth workers/ministers, school chaplains, and leaders in faith formation and educational ministries. The events are co-sponsored by the Uniting Church Assembly and the NSW-ACT Synod.
Venue: Uniting Church Centre for Ministry, 16 Masons Drive, North Parramatta
You’re invited to two events. You can attend either or both.
23-25 August – Learning Intensive: Engaging All Ages and Generations
A three day event with a focus on
- How formation and education are changing in today’s mission context?
- Promising approaches to faith formation
- Thinking beyond the gathered congregation
- Learning within and across generations
An intensive teaching event with John Roberto
- Tues 23rd 2.00pm-9.00pm
- Wed 24th 9.30am-5.00pm
- Thu 25th 9.30am-5.00pm
26-28 August – National Conference: Formation and Mission in a Digital World
A three day event with John Roberto as keynote speaker, plus electives, a multimedia expo, panel discussion, interest group conversations, resource displays, and a short film festival.
- Fri 26th 2.00pm-9.00pm
- Sat 27th 9.30am-9.00pm
- Sun 28th 1.00pm-4.00pm
Sunday 28th offers a morning option of visiting a church using multimedia in worship or education.
- The impact of digital technology in a social world
- Blended faith formation in a digital world
- Curating learning experiences
- Resources and tools for faith formation
- Social Justice and Social Media
- Developing engaging websites
- Marketing Your Ministry: Developing Practices for Effective Evangelism
- and more
Program, cost and registration information will be available from the early May at reimaginefaith2016.com
Download a flyer – here